Subject: Re: Why use CGI anyway!!
From: [email-masked] (Alan Chan )
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 00:42:23 -0800

You wrote: 
>
>Adam Ives Chrystie wrote:
>
>> Isn;t it interesting that this new Digital Cinema is popping up?
>> The technology was there before..why now??
>
>Sounds like a homework assignment.  The short answer has to be that
>we crossed a cost threshold just a few years ago, which is another
>way of saying that the technology (the hardware, the software, the
>skills and techniques) really wasn't there until very recently.

Also note that until recently 3D graphics required a quantum head and 
quite a bit of programming skill. It's only recently that the UIs have 
gotten to the point where artists can begin to make the machines sing 
(or render, if you will..)

AC